As a school system rooted in the Catholic faith, we are committed to providing a learning environment that is safe, inclusive and welcoming for students with special needs.
We have made concerted efforts to serve the needs of students who rely on individualized education services plans (IESPs) to meet growing demand from parents everywhere.
The Archdiocese of New York expanded the Enhanced Special Education Program to three schools in Rockland in September 2020 and one school in Manhattan in January 2021, bringing our total to eight participating schools. The goal of the newly extended program is to improve services in the upper counties, and Manhattan, in order to ensure the inclusion of all students in our faith-based, future-focused curriculum, no matter how they learn.
In addition to the current special needs resources and programs available at all Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of New York, these eight schools will offer:
- A certified Special Education Teacher at each school
- A dedicated Resource Room and Integrated Co-Teaching Model (ICT), where certified Special Education teachers can help children with a learning disability, speech and/or language impairment, mild autism or other health impairments as well as students who are academically “at risk” due to performing below grade level in reading and math
- Wilson Fundations® Program: Wilson is a provider of research-based reading and spelling programs for Grades K, 1 and 2. Its multisensory, structured curricula have proven to be highly effective in helping children improve their reading and language skills
- Learning Ally access to over 80,000 audiobooks for students in grades K- 8 who are diagnosed with dyslexia, a physical impairment or students who struggle with vocabulary, fluency, or reading comprehension
- A rotating educational coach, who can help children cope with the social and emotional components related to their disability
- Professional Development for current teaching staff members to further development their ability to work with children with learning and physical disabilities
How to Enroll Your Child at a Participating School for the 2021-22 School Year
- Click on the name of each participating school for contact information, or to book a tour, request information or apply online; or
- Call our Bi-lingual Helpline at (646) 794-2885 for more information.
- Click here for more information about Catholic Schools Special Education Programs
- Other Catholic Schools in in your area may be able to accommodate your child’s special education needs. Click here to view all schools in the Archdiocese of New York.