Announcing: The First Annual Arch Media Awards!
- The Archies are here!
- All schools in the Archdiocese of New York are invited to participate — and win a chance to attend the First Annual Arch Media Awards Ceremony on May 7, 2020 at The Sheen Center in New York City
- Students will create 60-90 second videos, using their smart phones, that answer the question, What Makes My School Catholic?
- Each student group will be sponsored by a moderator from the school who will assist them in creating their videos during a six-week after school program. Groups must register by January 17th, and entries must be submitted by no later than February 18, 2020.
- There will be one winner from the elementary school group (6th-8th grade only) and one winner from the high school group, for each region. All winners will have their videos screened and be presented with an “Archie” by media professionals at the May 7th award show.
- For more information or to register, email MediaAwards@ArchNY.org
- January 17th, 2020: Participating schools will send an email to MediaAwards@ArchNY.org with the following information: Name of Moderator(s), Name of Participating Students (organized by group if there is more than one group)
- January 21st, 2020: Participating schools receive an introductory video from Monsignor, which will also have some pointers regarding how to go about creating a video
- February 18th, 2020: Videos are due
- May 7th, 2020, 10:00am: Awards Ceremony at The Sheen Center for Thought & Culture, 18 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10012, The Loretto Theatre
How to Register
- Send an email to MediaAwards@ArchNY.org
- Include the following information:
- Name of Moderator(s),
- Name of Participating Students (organized by elementary in one group, and high school in one group, if there is more than one group)
- Send this email by no later than January 17, 2020!
The Archies are Generously Made Possible By: