The Archdiocese of New York seeks qualified applicants for leadership positions in our schools.
We seek candidates who can inspire and engage faculty, staff, parents and students in the pursuit of spiritual development and academic excellence. These dynamic leaders should demonstrate outstanding educational vision, professionalism, leadership skills, organizational ability and interpersonal strengths to serve as Principals for our Catholic schools. Candidates must set high expectations and foster a culture of continuous improvement in which every member of the school community works collaboratively to ensure the holistic achievement of every student.
We look for intelligent, results-oriented candidates with outstanding educational vision, leadership skills, organizational ability and interpersonal strengths to serve as principals for elementary (grades PreK-8) and secondary (grades 9-12) schools. These leaders must be committed Catholics who can inspire faculty and staff and engage parents and students.
Candidates must also demonstrate strengths in organizational leadership, data and mission-driven decision-making, interpersonal relationships and communication, effective supervision of instruction and assessment, leading professional development, and financial planning.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Practicing Catholic with a strong commitment to the principles of Catholic education.
- Hold an advanced degree (M.A., M.S., M.Ed., Ed.D., Ph.D.) from an accredited institution.
- It is preferred that candidates hold, or be willing to pursue, NYS school building leader certification (or school administrator certification). In addition, it is preferred that candidates hold NYS certification as a teacher.
- It is preferred that candidates hold Level 1 and Level 2 Catechist certification. If prior position did not require Catechist certification, then both levels must be completed within three years of appointment to the principalship.
- Multiple years of superior instructional leadership experience with a minimum of five years teaching experience at the elementary level, with at least three years in a Catholic school.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued growth of Catholic education.
- High level of interpersonal, collaborative, organizational, and administrative skills with the ability to implement policies, directives, and initiatives.
- The ability to make good decisions and collaborate with others.
- A sense of humor, joy, and empathy.
- Strong acumen with technology and its usage as it applies to curriculum and administration.