We welcome the families of St. Anthony School to
the new St. Anthony-St. Paul School for the 2020-2021 School Year
Click Here to See This Information in Spanish
We are excited to announce that, beginning in the 2020-2021 academic year, St. Anthony School and St. Paul School will combine to form St. Anthony-St. Paul School. This new St. Anthony-St. Paul School will operate as one school with two campuses:
- The current St. Anthony School in Nanuet will host students in Grades 2 – 8.
- The current St. Paul’s School in Valley Cottage will become a dedicated early childhood learning center focused on students in Pre-Kindergarten/Universal PreK, Kindergarten & Grade 1.
Modifying these two schools to a grade-level focus will provide new, exciting academic and program enhancement opportunities beyond what is currently offered to both student bodies. We have an exciting opportunity to pilot a new and more robust focus on concentrated instruction for grades 3-8, while better serving the unique needs of our youngest students.
We look forward to seeing you for an information session to be held at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 27th, 2020 in the St. Anthony gymnasium.
This web page will answer many of the questions you will have in advance of this information session. If you have any additional questions, please contact:
- Our regional Director of Enrollment, Kelli DeRocha, is available to answer any questions and provide updates on how the process will unfold. You can reach Mrs. DeRocha by phone at (347) 962-9902, or by email at: Kelli.DeRocha@archny.org. You can also call our parent helpline at (646) 794-2885 between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday-Friday.
Who will the school leaders be?
- Anna Adam will be the school leader at the St. Anthony-St. Paul School in Nanuet hosting students in grades 2 – 8
- Michelle Powrie will be the school leader at the St. Anthony-St. Paul School in Valley Cottage hosting students from PreK through Grade 1
Who will my child’s teacher be?
- Decisions as to teaching staff are in the process of being made, and full faculties will be identified well before the end of the current school year.
When can parents whose school location is changing tour their new school location?
- Call Dr. Anna Adam, school leader at the St. Anthony-St. Paul School in Nanuet, at (845) 623-2311 to arrange a tour for classes grades 2 – 8
- Call Ms. Michelle Powrie at the St. Anthony-St. Paul School in Valley Cottage, at (845) 268-6506 to arrange a tour for PreK, K and grade 1 classes
Will transportation/busing be available for students whose school location will be changing?
- Decisions as to teaching staff are in the process of being made according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and full faculties will be identified well before the end of the current school year.
- Will I need to re-enroll at the new St. Anthony-St. Paul School?
- If you have already enrolled and paid your registration fee, your TADS Enrollment and SMART Tuition accounts will reflect your enrollment automatically. No further action is needed on your part.
- If you have NOT enrolled yet, your child’s TADS Enrollment account will be transferred to the new St. Anthony-St. Paul School, and you will be able to enroll and pay your registration fee for your child at the new school.
- Will my children be eligible for financial aid?
- If your child received financial aid in the past, he/she will still be eligible.
- If you have renewed your financial assistance application for 2020-2021, your application will be transferred automatically to the new St. Anthony-St. Paul School.
- If you have NOT yet renewed your financial assistance application, please submit your application just as you have in the past. Once your application is submitted, it will be transferred automatically to the new St. Anthony-St. Paul School.
- As soon as a financial aid award decision is reached, you will receive a notification of your child’s financial aid directly from TADS, as you have in the past.
New Parents: Will I need to reapply to the new school?
- If you have already submitted an admissions and financial assistance application for 2020-2021, you will not have to reapply to the new school.
- The Archdiocese of New York Enrollment Office will ensure that your child’s admissions application is updated in our online TADS admissions System. If you applied for financial assistance, that application will also be transferred to the new St. Anthony-St. Paul School. Your TADS user name and password will remain unchanged.
- If you have NOT yet submitted an admissions and financial assistance application for 2020-2021: Where do I send a New Admissions Application?
- New admissions and financial assistance applications for the 2020-2021 school year can be submitted to the new Anthony-St. Paul School: click here to start your application.
We are excited to begin this great new venture with you, and will make every effort to ensure that this transition is as smooth as possible.
We look forward to seeing you for an informational evening which will be at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 27th, 2020 in the St. Anthony gymnasium.
Additional Information about the new St. Anthony-St. Paul School
- Will before and after school charges remain the same?
Yes; before and after school charges will remain the same as the current year.
- What “specials” will be available at the new school?
“Special” offerings will remain the same as this year.
- What lunch menus/programs will be offered?
A meal program will continue to be available.
- Which sports programs will be offered?
Sports offerings will remain the same as this year.
- What extracurricular activities will be offered? Will any activities be eliminated?
All existing extracurricular activities will be available; nothing will be eliminated.
- What uniform will the children wear?
For 2020-2021, students can wear either the St. Anthony School or the St. Paul School uniform, whichever they prefer. Afterwards, we will consult with parents as to how to move forward.
- Will there be an opportunity to meet the families at the other school?
Yes! Stay tuned for further announcements.
- What will my tuition be including family grant and fees per grade level?
Tuition, registration and SMART Fees will remain the same for 2020-2021: click here to view Tuition & Fees for St. Anthony-St. Paul School.