The Archdiocese of New York announced today that it will open online Admissions for the 2020-21 School Year today, Wednesday December 4 – and host six open house events at 120 schools across the Archdiocese from January through March, 2020.
For children entering grades K through 8, families can apply for both Admissions in three ways:
- Online at ApplyCatholicSchoolsNY.org;
- By phone at (646) 794-2885, between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday. This bilingual helpline is dedicated to serving parents who are unable to access a computer or who would like to access Spanish-language representatives and/or translation services for other languages; and
- At the school of interest for parents who would like one-on-one help from the school’s staff in completing the online applications for Admissions and Financial Assistance.
“We are very pleased to open our online Admissions on December 4 this year. This added level of convenience – available to pc and mobile users alike – gives hundreds of families more time to visit Catholic schools near their home or work, and apply online for the school that best suits their needs,” said Michael J. Deegan, Superintendent of Schools for the Archdiocese of New York.
Mr. Deegan added, “Our Catholic school students learn in a secure environment where respect, courtesy, and service to others are always part of the curriculum. These Catholic values enrich not only our students, but also their families, parishes, and communities.”
Reflecting the academic quality of Catholic Schools, the 2018-19 New York State Education Department Examination results show that:
- Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of New York outperformed New York State and City Schools in performance growth over each of the past five years; and
- Catholic school students outpaced New York State and New York City public school students in terms of the percentage of students meeting or exceeding proficiency standards in both Mathematics and English Language Arts (ELA).
The Archdiocese recently announced dates for its 2019-20 “Touring Tuesdays,” events at 120 elementary schools throughout the Archdiocese of New York. The remaining 2020 dates are: January 7, January 28 (Catholic Schools Week), February 11, February 18, March 3 and March 24, from 9-11am, or by appointment.
Touring Tuesday and private school tour bookings can be made online at https://catholicschoolsny.org/visit-a-school, or by calling our bilingual helpline, 646-794-2885.